Domestic Violence

Please be aware that the websites you visit are often stored on your computer. If you think your home computer use may be monitored and may affect your safety, please consider using another computer resource such as your public library for internet access.

Victims of domestic violence should immediately contact a local crisis center. In emergency situations you should contact your local law enforcement agency or dial 911.

Sarasota County Residents;

  • Safe Place and Rape Crisis Center (SPARCC)
    • (941) 365-1976

Residents of Manatee County should contact;

  • Hope Family Services, Inc.
    • (941) 747-8499

Services at SPARCC and Hope are free and confidential. These organizations send referrals to Legal Aid of Manasota for clients in need of legal assistance. Legal Aid of Manasota may be able to assist clients who are victims of domestic violence in a variety of cases, including representation in injunction hearings and assistance with dissolution of marriage cases. You will be contacted to set up an appointment once a referral is received.

Apply for assistance here.

Other resources are:

For additional information and forms on a wide range of legal problems please visit